lundi 21 mars 2011

A vintage treat...for me!

A few weeks ago, while strolling around Downtown Seattle, I decided to visit Watson Kennedy, one of my favourite shops. I go there mostly for inspiration and to see their lovely window displays.

This fine shop carries a wonderful selection of tableware, candles, stationery, artwork, as well as vintage furniture and OOAK items. The overall look of this place makes me feel as if I have walked into a boutique somewhere in Manhattan. I have not seen anything like it anywhere else in Seattle.


I was not even thinking about buying anything until I came upon a vintage keychain just like this one on one of their counter display dishes...


This tiny promotional booklet contained useful French phone numbers (i.e. Police, Fire Department, etc.), the area codes for all the French Départements, and also the different kinds of wine sold by «Postillon», a long-gone French wine company. I don't know exactly how old this keychain is but since the company stopped producing and selling wine in the 70s, it might be at least  between 35 to 40 years old.


Well, I just couldn't resist and so I purchased it not to use as a keychain but perhaps to make into a cluster necklace along with other vintage objects.

As some of you may know, I also love vintage skeleton keys and I often wear them as pendants.  I also like adding the fleur de lis for a French touch to my jewelry. Here is what I came up with...


My wonderful key-chain booklet is now with a vintage whistle pendant, a vintage fleur-de-lis brass tag, and a beautiful vintage French key from LenoirrrFrenchFinds. They are nicely suspended from a long brass snake chain.


=(^.^)=

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire