mardi 12 avril 2011

London called me, so I went


“Oh, to be in England Now that April's there”--Robert Browning.

Indeed, I love Paris and the rest of France but I shall always have a soft spot for London and the rest of England. It was also five years ago this month when I first set foot on English soil. I figured that since it was my first time to visit Europe, why not start with London where folks speak «English».

I found a delightful family-run place called the Lime Tree Hotel in London's Belgravia neighborhood. It was a perfect starting point to explore this bustling city as it was close to Victoria Station. I took lots of pictures, some which are already up for sale on my ETSY shop. A few more will be listed soon.

Things I really enjoyed whilst in London were...seeing Big Ben; going to the major museums for free; walking along the Thames from Big Ben to Saint Paul's Cathedral; having a pint of Guinness at an old pub called Bag O' Nails; Climbing the 500+ steps to the very top of Saint Paul's  for a spectacular view of London; getting to watch Miss Judy Dench perform at a play in London's West End; shopping for treats at Fortnum and Mason.

One of these days, I shall return to London for another visit. Here are a few treasures that remind me of her. Click on photo for more info.
=(^.^)=

2 commentaires: