vendredi 8 avril 2011

My kind of flat

It's been a year since my complusive crafting took over chez moi in Seattle. I like living in the city and living close to work that I am able to walk every morning. My flat is quite small but compared to one I once rented in Paris (during a brief holiday) a few years ago, it's quite spacious.

For a while now, I've been looking for some inspiration for working with the space that I have and for making my small flat truly my own. I don't need or want any more stuff since I don't really have the space for it. 

Quite by accident, I came across a lovely blog by Ms. Jamie Beck, a professional photographer based in New York. Under the «At Home with...» section is where I eventually found my inspiration: photos she took of a 1-bedroom flat in Brooklyn, owned by photographer Mike Mabes. Below are some of my favourites. More photos of Mr. Mabes' flat can be found here and here.

Photo credits: Jamie Beck
My flat is nowhere near the size of the one pictured above nor does it look anything remotely like this. Here's what I love about Mr. Mabes' flat: the  exposed brick walls by the kitchen and the living room, the  fireplace and the exposed beams above the bookcase are simply beautiful and rustic, the objects tell a story and speak for their owner. This is my kind of flat and I am quite inspired now.

=(^.^)=

1 commentaire:

  1. Those pix are wonderful! It is the house of my dream :)

    best Monika
    http://www.monikadesign.etsy.com

    RépondreSupprimer